Monday, September 26, 2011

Quote not yet determined

I stand corrected regarding Belmont, Mass. The tiny town has more going on than I first realized. Two women were arrested for prostitution and a woman was assaulted in front of the highschool. The focus of this blog is a quote I found today.

I can't find the attribution or quotation marks. It's either a publishing error or a piece is missing. The paragraph below is from the Belmont Citizen-Herald. http://www.wickedlocal.com/belmont/news/x8414948/-14-6-Million-approved-for-Belmont-Trapelo-Corridor#axzz1Z4OOdixZ

No quotation marks were used - As Selectman and since 2007 as state representative, I have followed the MPO process carefully to keep the project on the MPO’s radar screen and to assure that all questions raised by MPO members and staff were promptly answered. I also worked with Congressman Markey’s office to procure a $330 thousand federal earmark for design funding for the project. Congressman Markey’s successful efforts on this earmark gave the project very important additional boost in the process.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Let's chat about compound words, like high school. Technically I should have written, Belmont High School. I think it's an open compound word but there are different opinions online. valerie

    ReplyDelete