Sunday, November 27, 2011

A nod to those up long before dawn

From the front page of The Boston Globe today.


Another picture from an article I loved.


I don't know why but I like these kinds of stories. I've always respected and felt an honest admiration for those who work during the hours I am usually asleep in the warmth of my home.

There have been times when I've thanked them personally for doing what I simply consider impossible for me to do. Being up all night, or wake up in the middle of it to go to work and have the bread and coffee we, so unconcernedly, drink as if it was brewed magically without any human participation.

The picture portrays the essence of the story; the darkness of the blue sky letting the red and yellow light of the new day show and announce the beginning of another day.

To read the full article this is the link:
http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2011/11/27/nod-those-long-before-dawn/SEYSn1jRsGGz1INzHuoJAI/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment